Monday, July 18, 2011

July 15, 2011 would have been Lolli’s 14th birthday. She was born to first-time West Highland breeders at Wallaroo, South Australia.  Lolli’s mother was a lovely little Westie with a friendly temperament called Bonnie.  Unfortunately, Bonnie died from snakebite, shortly after the breeders moved to Alice Springs 2 years after Lolli was born.  Lolli’s father was a New Zealand champion.  She was the third one to arrive on the 15th of July, 1997 at 12:27pm weighing at 205grams and she first opened her eyes on the 30th.

I still remember the first time I saw Lolli when she was just 4 weeks old.  I first picked up one of her sisters but she started to squirm and whimper so I thought, “this one doesn’t like me very much”.  I then picked her up, she settled snugly into my arms, and I said, “This is our Lolli”.

No comments:

Post a Comment