Saturday, August 27, 2011

To my sunshine

Tonight will be 12 weeks since we lost our beautiful Lolli.  It is still hard to believe that she is no longer here with us and we miss her just as much as ever.  The other day I had to take a double-take because I thought I saw a quick glimpse of her.  It was light but I am certain I saw the profile of her sitting just inside the front door which was one of her favourite spots.  I know it was just wishful thinking.

I would always sing this song to her but now I have also added a small addition ...

  You are my sunshine, my only sunshine.
  You make me happy when skies are grey.
  I hope you know dear how much I love you.
  Please don't take my sunshine away.

  You were my sunshine, my only sunshine.
  You made made me happy when skies were grey.
  I hope you know dear how much I love you.
  But now my sunshine has gone away.

My "sunshine" may be gone but Lolli will always be in my heart.




No comments:

Post a Comment